Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 150

Last post of four today! I am still excited about my weekend. I hope that you all have a blessed and safe Memorial Day today. We are having some friends over for a bbq, but before we do that, some yard work has to be done. I captured my husband teaching our youngest how to mow. Precious! I will love this photo for a long time... these are the moments, right? 

I walked out onto the porch with such confidence today! Guess what MeRa Koh's workshop is called? Confidence Workshop. Yep, it works! I set my settings, metered, even knew why, and voila! A great SOOC photo.. just like I wanted it! I'm liberated. Really!

Day 150
Settings:
ISO 400, f/4.5, ss 1/1000, 50 mm


8 comments:

Leslee said...

These ARE the moments!!! Enjoy them as "You're gonna Miss This"...

Kristin said...

Priceless. And I'm lovin' the SOOC stuff! Good for you. Maybe you can give us a little of the "why you chose the settings you did" stuff.

karren said...

It is a great shot...you obviously know what you are doing! :-)

Valeria said...

SOOC ? Looking good.
Confidence is the key :)

Kristin said...

I forgot to mention to you that I have lots of dog contacts, so if you ever get serious about wanting to get an Australian Shepherd, be sure to let me know so I can hook you up with a good breeder in your area. They are awesome dogs!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

Oh no, never but never admitted you know how to mow the yard, clean the gutters, shovel the snow ...

Kristal said...

Go daughter! My son cuts our grass and this year added 5 other lawns!

Carrie said...

An important skill, mowing the lawn. I mowed my first lawn at 28 years old! My mom and dad liked to mow so much that they wouldn't let us do it!