Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 148

The time had come! I was FINALLY at a MeRa Koh workshop! 

I'm back! I had THE best weekend! I was mentored by the one and only, MeRa Koh and her husband, Brian at an all weekend workshop here in Chicago. I've been waiting for her to come here, and she finally did! Let me just recommend this weekend highly! I think if you want to be a photographer in any way, shape, or form, go to her workshop! It will liberate, challenge, inspire, excite and educate you! Most of all, I feel like I was given permission to go out there, and get my business going!  

Day one, the workshop featured baby models. A family came, and I couldn't get past the dad and his son's shoes. I am more determined to look at details that ever before, and I also can attribute that to our 365 challenge! This was a step one for me, and I am so happy that I just dove in and kept it up!
Day 148
Settings: SOOC
ISO 400, f/1.4, ss 1/30, 85 mm 
(yes, I said, EIGHTY FIVE mm! Finally something different. I got to use MeRa's!)


9 comments:

Amy said...

Cute shot!

Misty said...

It's amazing how much this 365 challenge has taught me to look at the usually unnoticed details. Great shot!

Catherine said...

Very nice, you lucky girl! I like the tones of the photo, too!

Branson said...

This photo is incredible sweet! Love!

Kristin said...

Love the photo and love those shoes too! Ryan has black ones, but I think I need to look for some brown ones as well. Like Catherine, I love the tones. So excited for you to go to this workshop and can't wait to see and hear some of what you learned.

Valeria said...

Really like this composition.
How luck are you, she is wonderful. Cannot wait to see more of your work and progress.

Kristal said...

I've never heard of her but looks like it was a great workshop!

Missus Wookie said...

cool shot - and looks like you had fun this weekend :)

Tracy said...

Love it!