Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 10

I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love?
Did I point to You enough
To make a mark on things
I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace
Who blessed Your name unapologetically
And leave that kind of legacy

Not well-traveled, not well-read
Not well-to-do, or well-bred
Just want to hear instead
Well done, good and faithful one
- Nichole Nordeman 
I have thought about this, and how will "they" remember me? Don't you sometimes wonder? In this rat race called life, it seems like we get so caught up with things that don't matter. I sometimes think, what if I don't make it back home, who will find all those dirty dishes? Who will take care of the things I hold most dear to me? If I were to leave this earth tomorrow, what would "they" say about me? I am trying to "Leave a Legacy" and show my kids there is more to life than "stuff."  
We made these little verse cards and were reading them before every dinner. Everyone would pick one to read, then take turns reading one. I did a mad clean one day and they disappeared. Well, guess what I just found (and my youngest was elated!).. the cards we had made together. I pray that my children hold these verses close to their hearts. And maybe, one day, "they" will pick up my Bible and find these verses underlined and realize what matters most.

Day 10
Settings:
ISO 400, f/1.8, ss 1/50, 50 mm, no flash



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea

Carrie said...

Cool idea and beautiful post. I've recently been thinking a lot about the same thing. God bless!

Melissa said...

Oh I love this! Great post and idea.

Branson said...

That is an awesome idea!

Kara said...

Thanks, girls.. it's quick and fun to do. The younger ones have something to do, like paste or cut. I had to just let go of my perfection with lining up the papers straight.. etc. :) They helped, and they were proud!

Chelsea said...

Great idea! I might have to 'borrow' it! ;)

hipchicagomom said...

I am so borrowing this idea! I *LOVE* it!!! Great capture, btw. :)

Tracy said...

LOVE IT!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

What a wonderful idea...I like it. I like the idea of using the verse as a talking (learning) point for dinner conversation. Dinners can be filled with some bickering btw/my three if I'm not careful.
~ingrid

Photography said...

Terrific! Really is.