Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 213

So I was talking to my friend today on the phone. We were discussing how far behind we were on our 365 journey that we started together. We fall off the wagon, get back on again, and repeat. Living in the city, but not close enough to downtown where all the character and fun are, what's left for us? Flowers, sidewalks, curbs.. haha we were laughing, because our inspiration is just gone! 

After I hung up, I went out front to sit and watch 3 squirrels fighting for territory of our coveted maple trees as I throw stale peanuts out there or extra what not from snacks every once in a while. I grabbed my camera and just started snapping off what I saw. Needless to say, as I came back out with my camera, the squirrels had gone to acquire new lands, and I was left with.. yep, you guessed it. Sidewalk. 

I took pictures of leaves, tree trunks, grass, etc. and then I saw it. Sidewalk art! Real live sidewalk stamps! Okay, I'm getting artsy here, but the reflection of the branches and leaves on the sidewalk looked like stamps. 
 

Day 213
ISO 200, f/5.6, 1/250, 160 mm

4 comments:

Kristal said...

I really like this shot!

I get inspiration from looking at other peoples shots {like yours}.. but I do have dry times.

Kim said...

I like it!

Kristin said...

Lack of inspiration seems like a common thread right now...do you think it's the midway blues or something? Anyways, glad to see you're still sticking with it and finding fun and different stuff to shoot...I guess that's what this all about...pushing ourselves to do something we wouldn't have normally done and then having something cool to show for it.

Missus Wookie said...

Have you seen the 365 lists? There are loads, I've not used them but know others that have. They give suggestions - like Tracy used to give us challenges to inspire us :)