Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 119

I am almost to the end of my Chronicles of the Magnolia. Hah. I am afraid I am a couple days too late to capture every stage of this flower. I'm a little sad, but this will have to be my opened flower shot. My dear, sweet neighbor will love the collage I am going to give her to commemorate the 50 years that she's had this tree this year. I've had a lot of fun doing this project, and I will post the collage when I'm done with it. I think I will wait until the last few petals fall, and get them on the ground. Hopefully I will get there before her lawn service comes!

I actually am working on another project, I was asked to design a bookmark for the church for Mother's Day. So, my photos will pretty much be vertical for awhile until I figure out exactly what I am looking for. I can always use older photos I've taken, but while I've got this on my mind, I am practicing it here! 

Day 119
Settings:
ISO 200, f/2.8, ss 1/1000, 50 mm


15 comments:

Carrie said...

This is so pretty! I love the DOF.

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

how wonderful, a thoughtful gift for your neighbor/friend ~ I am sure she will treasure it.

Jennifer said...

Beautiful!

Carrie said...

Stunning!

Kristal said...

Love it! Mine are always weird shaped as the wind gets them as they open... we seem to get a wind storm every year when they bloom!

Misty said...

So beautiful!

Kim said...

very pretty...

Katherine said...

I love this- the lighting is awesome, and the rest of the tree in the background? Awesome. You always inspire :)

Flower Photography said...

You take such pretty shots!!

snapshots2011 said...

Beautiful~ and do share the collage- I'd love to see it!

Amanda said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Tracy said...

STUNNING!!!!!!!

Kristin said...

The lighting and dof in this shot are delicious. I can't wait to see the finished collage.

Karin said...

What beautiful blooms!

Keara @ Now I Know What Life Is All About said...

Your flower pictures are gorgeous!