Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 102

Well, after another ballgame, I come home frozen to the bone! Beautiful today, just chilly. 

My son and I drove around a little while waiting for the youngest to get out of a class. Downtown is just gorgeous on a sunny, cool day. An accidental route along the lake found us in front of the Buckingham Fountain. I didn't realize they turned the water on so soon. I think they were still adjusting settings with all the trucks there at the controls, because normally the horses are all spouting water at the same time. 

Some nights they have a light show at the fountain. The different spouts will shoot all sorts of colors. It's really beautiful if you have the time to bring a blanket to just sit and relax.

Day 102
Settings:
ISO
200, f/5.6, ss 1/2500, 18 mm

13 comments:

Amanda said...

What a great photo and a beautiful fountain! My photo class instructor suggested once that I should go back to the same place every day for a month and take a photo and see how it improves over time. This would be a great subject for something like that!

Tracy said...

Nice spring header.

Great WET shot. LOL!

Kristal said...

Love the new header and the shot is fab!

Kristin said...

Your new header has some beautiful shots in it and really shows where you are in your photo journey. And love the water shot too. I love how you captured the softness of the water yet kept everything so crisp. Nice job.

Catherine said...

Wow! This is really cool!!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love the way you caught the spray suspended in the air!

Photography said...

Wow! Looks great with the blue sky.

hipchicagomom said...

This is gorgeous. I didn't realize the fountain is on so soon either. It's nice to walk past that spray on a HOT summer day. But now? Nah! LOL! :D

Misty said...

Absolutely stunning!

Melissa said...

I too love your new header! :) That looks like a neat fountain, I would love to see the light show!

Leslee said...

Beautiful shot!

Karin said...

This is so beautiful! I would love to see it in person someday.

Karin said...

Kara, I have been learning the German word for water fountain recently in Rosetta Stone, and I think one of the pictures they show is of the Buckingham Fountain, but at night. I thought of you when I saw it:)